Having an oily skin with acne is real struggle. You need to carefully pick all the products you use – be it makeup, facial wash or moisturizer. And yes, every time you visit the shopping mart, all you look for is ‘oil-free’ products.
Clear Skin Salicylic Cleanser
#1 Rated Cleanser for Acne-Prone SkinThe Clear Skin Salicylic Cleanser is our #1 pick because it removes impurities, dead cells, and excess oil and boosts collagen building. It also helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Obviously, you know that a little slip in selecting the right products can cost you a big deal. Lots of shine with those pimples glowing, bad is what you feel. So, you need to be razor sharp while choosing a skincare product for yourself.
Go through the whole list and find your best fit, as we’ve already done the due diligence.
10 Best Acne Products for Oily Skin Reviewed
EDITOR'S TOP PICK
|Misumi Clear Skin Salicylic Cleanser ||Click for Price|
|Newport Mild Gel Cleanser for Oily Skin ||Click for Price|
|Claridad Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Face Wash ||Click for Price|
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Acne Products for Oily Skin Reviewed
- 1. Misumi Clear Skin Salicylic Cleanser
- 2. Newport Mild Gel Cleanser for Oily Skin
- 3. Claridad Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Face Wash
- 4. Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Treatment Control Kit for Clear Skin
- 5. Bioré Pore-Unclogging Scrub
- 6. Dead Sea Mud Mask
- 7. Aveeno Clear Complexion Best Cleanser for Oily Acne Prone Skin
- 8. NEOCUTIS Neocleanse Exfoliating Skin Cleanser
- 9. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser
- 10. Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Expert
- Over to You
Specifically designed for oily and acne prone skin, this Salicylic Cleanser treats your acne effectively. Packed with the pore opening properties of salicylic acid, this cleanser can get rid of your pimples while leaving your skin clean and refreshed. The company is so confident in this product, they’ve offered a 60 day money back guarantee.
- Formulated with Salicylic Acid this cleanser digs deep into your pores and loosens all the dead cells and oil plugs ultimately removing them.
- It is a mixture of different Acids including Glycolic and Lactic Acid for a comprehensive exfoliation treatment.
- Glycolic Acid helps in maintain the skin’s pH balance that restores your skin to a pre-acne state.
- Lactic Acid helps in softening skin and improves acne scarring with pigmentation.
- Since it boosts skin collagen, it helps in diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. Hence, it is an age-defying formula.
- It includes Lavender Oil that heals the dark spots and scars caused by acne.
- This cleanser is free from synthetic fragrance and parabens.
- Lavender oil is not good for extremely sensitive skins.
- It is high on price.
Newport Mild Gel Cleanser is a gentle face wash that can be used for all skin types. Its gentle cleansing action does not strip off the natural oils from your skin and is safe for use daily.
- This gel is formulated with Betaine, a natural cleansing agent derived from sugar beet that sucks out all the impurities form your skin.
- It is an organic face wash and strengthens your skin to fight free radical damage.
- Contains Allantoin, that soothes and protects your skin from irritation and this is what makes this face wash suitable for sensitive skin.
- Essenced with Aloe Vera this gel cleanser fights the bacteria thriving on your skin to vanish your acne.
- Besides a cleanser, this gel serves as an excellent make up remover and is suitable for use on the eye area.
- It is safe for post-procedure use such as microdermabrasion, AHA and other treatments without causing irritation.
- Free from alcohol and paraben.
- Contains added fragrance so avoid using if you have developed any allergy to fragrance in the past.
- It is a pricey face wash.
This exfoliating face wash is brewed with the power of Glycolic Acid that gradually minimizes your pores revealing a flawless skin. The best part besides treating acne is that it fights fine lines and wrinkles giving you a younger looking skin.
- The main ingredient is Glycolic Acid that reduces blemishes by inhibiting the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
- It also regulates the right skin pH balance to get of pimples and to control excess sebum production.
- Pulls out all the stubborn whiteheads and blackheads that accumulate inside your pores.
- Using it on a regular basis can give you a more youthful skin with reduced fine lines, wrinkles and flaky skin.
- Allantoin accelerates the healing process by soothing your acne scars and nodules.
- It does not contain alcohol or parabens that can irritate sensitive skin.
- Any irritation and dryness can be expected if you have combination skin.
- Since UV sensitivity can develop due to skin exposure it is recommended to use SPF30+ if you are on some outdoor activity.
- This will not clear you up instantly. You need to wait at most 6 weeks for complete results.
- It has added fragrance that might irritate the sensitive skin.
This acne treatment kit includes the some of the best skin care products for oily acne prone skin. It is a 3-step formula that works to eliminate acne rapidly and claims ‘pimples hurt less in 2 hours and look better in 4 hours.’
- Complete treatment kit that comprises Acne Control Cleanser, Fast Acting Treatment and Hydrating Gel moisturizer so you don’t have to depend on multiple products.
- Acne Control Cleanser has 5% Benzoyl Peroxide that helps clear away your pores from dirt,dead cells and oil.
- Fast Acting Treatment cream contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide that penetrates into pores to clear acne and prevent future break outs.
- This formula controls shine giving you a fresh and clean skin.
- The Hydrating Gel Moisturizer prevents dryness and peeling of skin after the strong Benzoyl Peroxide treatment.
- Brewed with Glycerin and Dimethicone (skin conditioning agent) this moisturizing gel nourishes your skin and does not need to be rinsed off.
- Acne Control Cleanser and Hydrating Gel Moisturizer both contain a substantial amount of alcohol which can be harmful for your skin.
- If you are allergic or sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide then this product is not for you.
- You need to avoid sun exposure if you have applied these products.
- It includes fragrance which might irritate the sensitive skin.
Biore Pore-Unclogging Scrub promotes clean skin through a slogan on its tube which says ‘don’t be dirty’. This scrub gently removes all the impurities lingering on your skin leaving your face super fresh.
- Designed with gentle micro-beads that ensure the formula penetrates into skin unclogging your pores.
- Contains 2% Salicylic Acid that fights acne and keep your blemishes at bay.
- It is also fused with Glycerin that removes oiliness and fills your pores giving you smoother skin.
- Shrink pores and maintain the right pH level for your acne prone skin.
- The presence of menthol gives a cooling effect to your existing acne scars alongside giving your skin a refreshing break.
- It is dermatologically tested and a non-comedogenic product.
- This scrub is gentle enough for everyday use.
- Has a very reasonable price that is quite affordable.
- It includes alcohol so avoid using it if you have faced any allergic reaction to alcohol in the past.
- Has a strong fragrance that might irritate the sensitive skin.
- Can cause redness and severe dryness if you have dry skin.
6. Dead Sea Mud Mask
Dead Sea Mud Mask is one of the most effective well-known masks when it comes to treating acne and clearing skin. Fused with natural ingredients this mask serves as one of the best skin care products for oily acne prone skin.
- Contains Kaolin that is effective in pulling out oil and dirt plugs from the pores shrinking them.
- Removes impurities and excess oil from your skin preventing blackheads.
- The detoxifying formula of Dead Sea Mud combats acne, pimples and blemishes.
- Its rich in anti-oxidants such as Shea Butter, jojoba oil and Sun flower oil that preserve your skin’s moisture level.
- Aloe Vera protects your skin from acne bacteria colonization that prevents break outs.
- Due to its pore shrinking quality it reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is free from alcohol and synthetic fragrance.
- Since it contains severalherbal extracts this can be irritating to the sensitive skins and can cause burning in severe cases.
- It is an expensive product.
7. Aveeno Clear Complexion Best Cleanser for Oily Acne Prone Skin
You won’t regret using Aveeno Cleanser if you have an oily skin as it is one of the best cleanser for oily acne prone skin. It prevents your skin from breaking out and protects your skin from over-drying.
- This foaming gel comprises 0.5% Salicylic Acid that works as an acne medication healing your blemishes.
- The presence of Citric Acid works as a disinfectant that clears out all the extra sebum and acne bacteria present in your pores.
- Glycerin helps in maintaining the hydration level of skin and also fills your pores diminishing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Its soy rich formula helps in building skin protein and boosts cell renewal process.
- This cleanser is non-comedogenic, alcohol-free and hypoallergenic.
- Improves skin texture and is gentle enough for everyday use.
- It has added fragrance that might irritate sensitive skin and also cause burning in extreme cases.
- The presence of citrus and salicylic acid can cause drying if you have extremely dry skin.
- It is a pricey product.
8. NEOCUTIS Neocleanse Exfoliating Skin Cleanser
This luxurious cleanser is specifically designed with the power of alpha hydroxy acids to fight all the blemishes and pimples. It gives you a complexion that is vibrant and rejuvenating alongside improving your acne.
- It is a mild cleanser formulated with glycolic acid that inhibits the growth of p.acnes bacteria, the real cause of acne.
- Gently exfoliates the skin, scrubbing off all the dead skin cells and oil buildup in your pores.
- Contains glycerin to moisturize your skin and prevent it from drying.
- It can also be used as a makeup remover because of its exfoliating quality.
- Builds skin protein that speeds up the acne healing process.
- Shows instant results in as few as 3 days.
- It is oil-free and does not contain alcohol.
- Consists of several different acids as ingredients and can be harsh on sensitive and dry skins.
- One of the most expensive products on the list.
9. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser
Formulated with pore-perfecting French Green clay and Moroccan rhassoul clay this ceramic slip clay cleanser is also the best cleanser for oily acne prone skin. It deeply purifies skin and is worth the price tag.
- Contains deep-cleansing French Green Clay and Moroccan rhassoul clay that visibly tighten pores removing all excess oil and impurities.
- Neroli extracts balances the pH of your skin and stimulates the healing of acne and pimples.
- Vitamin C helps in reducing oiliness and controls shine preventing future break outs.
- Rich in anti-oxidant formula nourishes your skin with Black pepper, Jasmine and Sandalwood Oil.
- Due to the whitening properties of citrus, it helps in improving skin complexion.
- It is free from added fragrance, parabens, sulfates and phthalates.
- Light-weight formula for sensitive skin.
- Due to its anti-oxidant rich formula it can be harsh for sensitive skins. Avoid if you have faced any adverse reaction to any of the mentioned anti-oxidants.
- The presence of clays can make your skin dry.
- Comes in a pump packaging that might dry out.
10. Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Expert
Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Expert is a creamy rich lotion that fights blemishes. It has a unique mattifying texture that reveals a smoother and brighter skin without making your skin greasy.
- Fused with anti-irritating avene thermal spring water this lotion serves as a great hydrating agent for oily skin.
- Contains Monolaurin which holds anti-microbial properties and removes the excess sebum from your pores to maintain oiliness.
- One of the key ingredients is X-PressinTM which exfoliates the skin to prevent oil and dead cells build-up that lead to whiteheads and blackheads.
- Uses a patent technology, DiolynlTM that reduces redness and eliminates acne-causing bacteria.
- It contains Shea Butter and Glycerin that maintain the moisture level of your skin alongside combating oiliness.
- This lotion can also be used as a makeup primer due to its long-lasting matte finish.
- It is paraben and gluten-free formula.
- It is only for mild to moderate acne. If you have severe acne this lotion is not going to work for you.
- Due to the presence of alcohol and synthetic fragrance this might irritate your sensitive skin.
Over to You
That brings us to the end of this detailed post on best oily skin acne products. Every skin is made different, so are the products made for them. Make a minor mistake, and you’ll end up aggravating your acne. So make the most out of this list we’ve reviewed.
How do you take care of your oily skin? Does your acne keep coming back? Any remedies or products you’d like to share? Any other questions you have? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!