We all are familiar with the fact that blackheads are the kind of acne that does not cause pain. But is this reason enough to keep suffering from these black specks?
They are not troublesome but we all want them to disappear. Because they only make us look like a ‘black-bead monster’.
Misumi Complete Clear Essentials Set
#1 Rated Acne Kit for TeensMisumi Complete Clear Essentials Set is our #1 rated acne system for teens because it is easy to manage, with three simple steps, and delivers noticeable results fast. The kit leaves the skin clear and fresh and is a cult-favorite among teen parents.
‘How to get rid of blackheads on nose?’ is the question of the day. All of us, if not frequently, occasionally suffer from blackheads at some point in our life. And just as you might have witnessed our nose is the most prone to blackheads.
Blackheads occur due to inflamed clog in a pore or follicle. The black spot appears when the oil build-up is oxidized i.e. it darkens when it comes in contact with the air. This oil build-up is caused by excess sebum production. Sebum is the natural oil that our skin produces to keep it soft and supple.
Top 3 – Editor’s Picks
If you’re in a rush, below are the best products to get rid of blackheads on nose, hands down!
EDITOR'S TOP PICK
|Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask ||Click for Price|
|Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Exfoliating Cleanser Powder ||Click for Price|
|Dead Sea Mud Mask by Pure Body Naturals ||Click for Price|
Table of Contents
- Top 3 – Editor’s Picks
- Why Blackheads Occur More Frequently on the Nose?
- What Causes Blackheads?
- Methods for Getting Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Why Blackheads Occur More Frequently on the Nose?
Your nose is the middle of the T-Zone where the sebum production is greater than anywhere else. Your nose has excessive sebaceous glands that secrete sebum and most of the time dirt debris and dead cells clog the skin follicle creating a bump.
When the skin surrounding the bump burst open, the sebum build-up gets oxidized and makes the bump look black forming a blackhead. This is why your nose is always the victim of blackheads.
What Causes Blackheads?
Let’s look into a bit detail as to what factors lead to the development of blackheads.
Not Using Suitable Skin Products
Although you might be a bit skeptical about questioning your normal everyday skincare routine you always need to choose the ‘right products’. The skin products that you use whether they are make up or skin care products such as cleansers, face wash or exfoliators, you need to ensure they are good for your skin.
Many face creams and moisturizers prove intense for your skin as they lead to excessive oiling and clogging of pores. Other skin products use artificial colors and fragrances that clog your skin causing blackheads.
Blackheads on nose occur frequently during teenage years, menstruation and consumption of birth control pills. The reason for this is the hormonal changes going on in the body. Estrogen level drop in the body triggers oil production and increases the likelihood of clogged pores and blackheads.
Excessive sweating during sports activity or work out sessions can cause you blackheads. Sweat and perspiration block your pores leading to the development of blackheads. You should adopt a proper skincare routine or cleanse your skin after an intense work-out.
Consumption of Specific Drugs
Taking drugs such as corticosteroids, lithium and androgen increase your chances of getting blackheads. Steroids make sebaceous glands susceptible to inflammation resulting in excess sebum production and clogged pores.
Methods for Getting Rid of Blackheads on Nose
Popping blackheads on nose is really not an option when there is a range of several over the counter products and home remedies available for the treatment. No doubt that popping helps in the elimination of black plugs. But popping does not ensure that blackheads are removed from the root and it does not prevents them from coming back. So, you need to step up to a proper treatment.
Below is a fine list of various methods of treatment that will help you beat the everyday struggle with blackheads.
A. Masks & Cleansers
If you want to treat your blackheads from root, masks and cleansers serve best. This is because you develop their use as a regimen and have to worry less about getting them back. However, you need to stick to them regularly.
Purity’s Pore Extractor Mask is infused with Salicylic Acid and natural exfoliants that dug deep into your pores, suck out impurities and shrinks them. It is the winner of CEW Best Seller Beauty Award – Prestige and Best in Acne Treatment 2019.
It uses Kaolin as its active ingredient. Kaolin is naturally-occurring clay that helps exfoliate the dead skin cells and cleanse your skin. Kaolin provides drying effect to oily skin.
- Dab a quarter-sized amount and gently massage onto skin focusing the T-Zone and oily regions.
- Leave on skin for 5-10 minutes until the mask dries.
- Rinse with luke warm water.
- Apply the mask twice a week.
This cleansing powder is activated when mixed with water into a creamy effervescent cleanser. The presence of Charcoal penetrates into the pores, eliminates oil and clears all the toxic impurities from your skin to make it blackhead-free.
It includes essential oils such as Lavender, Spearmint, lemon and Rosemary that act as anti-oxidants leaving your skin fresh and rejuvenated.
- Take small amount of powder in hands and add a splash of warm water.
- Rub to create lather and gently massage onto skin for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- For deeper exfoliation add less water.
Dead Sea Mud Mask is the best blackhead remover for nose. It includes the power of vital minerals such as Magnesium, Calcium and Potassium that help detoxify your skin. Antioxidants such as Shea Butter, Sunflower and Jojoba Oil nourish your skin alongside moisturizing it.
It does not crack while drying and can be easily removed with the help of water & wash cloth. Results are visible after few uses.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Evenly apply a thin coat on entire face.
- Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water in a circular motion and pat dry.
- Apply twice for 3-4 days.
Aztec Healing Clay is one of the most beneficial clay masks for blackheads on nose. It is made from 100% natural Calcium Bentonite Clay and is free from additives and fragrances. It maintains the right pH for your skin and the best part is that it works for all skin types.
- Mix small amount of clay with apple cider vinegar or water.
- Blend well until it reaches a chunky consistency.
- Apply on the face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Sensitive skins should not leave it on skin for more than 10 minutes.
- A tingling feeling will exist but it is normal.
- Remove the mask by washing with warm water.
- Use this mask once a week.
GLAMGLOW SuperMud uses Charcoal to draw out impurities from your skin. It is effective for breakouts, blackheads, ingrown hairs and discolorations. It has proven to show effective results after one day of use.
- Apply a thin layer on dry skin.
- Leave it to dry for 5-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- For optimal results, use this mask twice or thrice a week.
- If irritation occurs, reduce the frequency of application.
B. Nose Strips
Nose strips are an instant way to get rid of your blackheads. They are particularly useful when you have jam-packed working schedules and less time to pay attention to your skin. Below is a list of some best nose strips.
6. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Biore Pore Strips have been brewed with the magnetic power of Witch Hazel to unclog the pores instantly. They are super quick and easy to use.
- Take a strip and twist to separate the slits before use.
- Cleanse your face and wet your nose as the strip would not stick to a dry nose.
- Peel the strip off the liner with dry hands.
- Apply to nose area and press downwards to make a good contact with skin.
- Let it stay for 10-15 minutes until the strip is hard to touch.
- Slowly start peeling off from the edges pulling towards the center.
- Use twice a week for best results.
7. Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips
Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips contain activated charcoal that absorbs excess oil and dirt shrinking the pores.It has added Silica to prevent oiliness & provide soft skin. Witch Hazel & Peony Root Extracts act as natural astringents that kill bacteria.
- Remove the strip from the pouch.
- Wash face leaving the skin wet as the strip would not adhere to dry skin.
- Remove the clear lining and apply across the bridge of the nose.
- Press firmly to stick properly.
- Leave it for 15 minutes until it hardens.
- Gently peel off strip lifting towards the center of nose.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Use 1-2 times a week.
C. Home Remedies
Home remedies serve best when you have time and you like pampering your skin. It is always good to treat your skin with natural substances rather than chemicals and if you are a naturopath you will definitely second that. And they do not cause any harm.
The following remedies work best for nose blackheads removal.
8. Baking Soda
You don’t really wonder what benefits this ingredient holds for your blackhead-prone skin. Baking soda works as an exfoliant and scrubs away dead cells and oil build-up from your skin preventing and eliminating blackheads. Baking soda also neutralizes skin pH and encourages it to produce less oil.
Directions to Use:
- In a bowl, mix one tablespoon of baking soda with a small amount of water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your nose where the blackheads are concentrated.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Repeat this remedy twice a week to keep your skin clear from blackheads as it stops your pores from clogging.
9. Cinnamon Mask
Cinnamon is an anti-bacterial spice that fights all the skin conditions including blackheads. It stimulates skin to shed all the dead cells and pulls out plugs of oil and dirt from the skin. Besides, it provides skin a healthy complexion.
Directions to Use:
- Mix organic cinnamon with honey in a ratio of 1:2 to form a paste.
- Apply a thin even layer on the blackheads region.
- Let it stay for around 15 minutes.
- Wash off with a cleanser and follow up with a moisturizer.
You should use this remedy daily for instant results.
10. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural astringent as it contains citric acid. Citric acid effectively removes dead cells and prevents clogged pores. It is rich in anti-oxidants and boosts the skin collagen to stimulate dead cells removal. Its skin lightening properties give you a glowing skin.
Directions to Use:
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Take freshly squeezed one teaspoon lemon juice in a bowl.
- Dip cotton wool in the bowl and apply on your blackheads.
- Leave it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water. You can also leave it overnight for better exfoliation.
- Repeat using once everyday.
11. Oatmeal and Yogurt Mask
Oatmeal is a nutrient-rich grain that works as a gentle exfoliator and cleanser. It loosens clogged pores and soaks up excess oil. Since it contains multiple anti-oxidants it is safe for irritated and sensitive skins. When combined with yogurt, oatmeal works wonders for your skin.
Directions to Use:
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal with three tablespoons of plain yogurt.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Blend the mixture well until it reaches an even consistency.
- Apply the paste on the entire face for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Repeat regularly for clear skin.
All the methods listed above are the best according to the ingredients they use and how they proved effective for people who have used them. ‘How to get rid of blackheads on nose?’ isn’t a difficult question any more. All you need is to go, try and find out which method works best for you!